Crafts and Beyond

Live ,laugh,love

Friday, December 9, 2011

Tim Holtz's 12 days of Christmas --Tag #1


Well I'm really,really late in getting started on my tags this year . Was away for a few days last week then had to get ready for a card class that I was offering so I'm just getting around to doing my tags . I will get them finished though LOL. Here's my first . Since I didn't have the pine cone die I decided to try and make them by just cutting out a spiral circle ,curling the edges and wrapping it around a toothpick like Tim does in his video.I like how they turned out but I'm thinking I would like to own the die so will add it to my wish list .Following his tech.by inking the snowflake EF with embossing ink pad and then running it though the big kick ,then embossed with white EP. The JOY was cut out with the cricut cart. (Joys of the Season)and covered with MS glitter.The music banner I cut free hand ,leaves cut from tattered leaves and MS fern .Holly berries from my stash --just had to have some red added. I dyed some seam binding with Ice spruce DI and attached it to the top with a lg. pearl button and charm from my stash.

Thanks for looking .

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Your pinecone came out quite nice Marilyn. You wouldn't know that you didn't own the real die for it. The pop of red berries complements the ice spruce colour.
Sharon