Crafts and Beyond

Live ,laugh,love

Friday, April 8, 2016

Happy Anniversary

It's my son and daughter-in -law's 6th wedding anniversary next week so I made this card for them . They live in Calgary so had to get in the mail so they would get it on time . I chose yellows since its spring time and also one of my favorite colors . I used papers from the Authentique 6x6 bundle :Blissful ( love Authentique paper). I used acrylic paint on the second layer and stamped around the edge with a flourish stamp.








Supplies used:
Paper: Authentique Blissful ,Recollection white c/s
Dies: TH Mixed Media Thinlits, TH Ornate Frame,TH Tattered Florals, TH Vintage Lace,Just Rite Open Leaf Vines, Cheery Lynn Design Exotic Butterfly, CLD doily (behind flower) can't remember name , SB Foliage.
Ink: Versafine Smokey Grey ,DI Pumice Stone
Stamps: See-D's Love  Sentiment, 7Gypies flourish 
Other: TH Heirloom Roses, Frantage Champagne Crushed Glass, Biscottis Perfect Pearl Mist , Bright Yellow acrylic paint.  

I'm entering this in the following challenges:




Thanks for stopping by and really appreciate everyone's comments.


12 comments:

Darlene said...

What a beautiful anniversary card Marilyn! Your design is fabulous and the color combo is great! Yellow is always such a happy color! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘YELLOW’ Challenge and the 'SCALLOP' Challenge at Dies R Us! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Maria said...

Gorgeous anniversary card using many lovely dies! Such a beautiful card...love it! Thanks so much for joining us this month at Dies R Us for the 'Scallops' Challenge! Please come back soon!:-)

Diane said...

Beautiful card and design and a lovely choice of papers, I think I have those, too!! Thank you for joining our Double D 'Yellow' challenge!
Diane DD DT

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning, Marilyn!! I love the dies you used!! You layered them perfectly!! The flower is gorgeous and I love the butterfly!! This is so elegant and gorgeous!! I love, love it!! Thank you so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wow Marilyn, stunning! So many wonderful die cuts here and they all work together so well! Love the frame as a background element and the filigree butterfly is gorgeous! hugs and happy weekend :)

Sharon said...

Marilyn: You have layered all those diecuts beautifully, and I like your use of yellow, so pretty and springlike! Great card for their anniversary - 6 years, how the time has flown! It seems like yesterday we were having lunch and you showed me their wedding pics.

Sharon

Lisa said...

Gorgeous card! I love all your layering! Thanks for joining us this week with Cheery Lynn Designs

Juliz Design Post said...

A beautiful anniversary card Marilyn and I love the crushed glass glitter in the centre of your butterfly, a great finishing touch. I'm sure this card will be treasured. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and stopping by my blog.
Hugs, Julie x

Bonnie Garby said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.

Jenny Alia said...

Lovely! Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn "Back to Nature" Challenge and good luck in the draw.

Candy C said...

Marilyn, this anniversary card for your son and daughter in law is beautiful. Such a lovely design with the beautiful, delicate die cuts and butterflies. The layered flowers are perfectly placed, too. Just beautiful. I also wanted to sincerely thank you for the several very nice comments you left on my blog. They mean a lot to me. ❤️

Maryvonne COUSSE said...

Very Beautiful !
Thanks for joining us at Scrapy Land Challenges and good luck !
Maryvonne , DT Member